Likes are affirmation of a users’ confidence in your brand. This comes from the content you put out, the brand value that is evident, and the special offers. All of this and more comes together to form a lively community inhabiting your Facebook business page.
However, marketplace is full of people and companies who sell ‘Likes’ for as low as $50 per 10,000 likes. Is it worth it? Of course not and we will tell you why.
These likes are from fake profiles i.e. people who do not exist. Facebook can easily know about the activity from these people of unknown identities who exist just to like your page. If you still choose this option then you risk your page getting banned for good!
These likes are of no use to your brand i.e. they won’t comment, share and like your post. It makes your brand looks bad, as if you are living in a zombieland. If you truly want to gain profit from your Facebook page and are obsessed with ROI, then its real people who matter for you. Invest time, more than money and it will pay rich dividends.
So, what’s the way out? In short, start by taking a deep look into your analytics and find what is that your customer want? Align your campaign idea with your customers’ interest and make it SMART – Social, Measurable, Action driven, Realistic, and Trackable .
If you get this right, you can steer clear of dud likes!
This post by me was first published on ODigMa
- What Happens After Someone “Likes” Your Facebook Page? (community.constantcontact.com)
- Does Facebook have everyone bamboozled ? (newmediaandmarketing.com)
- Facebook changes how a URL can be claimed for a page (marketing.yell.com)
- Assignment 10 | Social Media Strategy (seanddougherty.wordpress.com)
- Money can’t buy you love, but can buy you ‘Likes’ on Facebook! (marketing.yell.com)